Hpnotiq has teamed up with ELEVATOR to produce an original mixtape, The Iconiq Mixtape, featuring 10 original songs and music videos from Valee, Chxpo, Matty Wood$, Spenzo, $teven Cannon, FulMetalParka$, UG Vavy, Big Baby, Rarri, & ITSOKTOCRY.
We’re giving 2 lucky artists the chance to have 1 track featured on the mixtape!
Tweet or Instagram @Hpnotiq with the hashtag #HPNOTIQICONIQ, DM your submissions to @Hpnotiq or fill out the form below to enter your song to be considered for the ELEVATOR x Hpnotiq Iconiq mixtape. Please read submission guidelines, rules and conditions before submitting. Thank you!
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED THANK YOU
The Hpnotiq Mixtape Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT
INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL,
AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE
a. Requirements. The Hpnotiq Mixtape Contest (“Contest”) is open to all entrants who are at least twenty one (21) years old at the time of entry and a resident of the United States of America.
b. Restrictions. Members of performing arts unions including, but not limited to, SAG-AFTRA and the AFM are not eligible. Employees of Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. (“Heaven Hill”), Team Epiphany, LLC (“TE”), and other companies associated with the management of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employees are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Contest Period. The Contest begins on August 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time and ends on August 25, 2017 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period are ineligible for consideration. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest.
3. How to Enter. Entries. Tracks may be submitted by audio link (SoundCloud is preferred) submitted via
Twitter by: (a) direct messaging the Hpnotiq Twitter account; or (b) posting a tweet that includes the tag “@hpnotiq” and the hashtag “#ICONIQ”; or by
Instagram by (a) direct messaging the Hpnotiq Instagram account; or (d) posting an Instagram post that includes the tag “@hpnotiq” and the hashtag “#ICONIQ.” Entries must include a hyperlink to the recording entrant is entering into the Contest. The recording may be made available on any online streaming service of entrant’s choosing. Entrants may submit multiple entries. All entries become the property of Heaven Hill and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Winner Selections. All eligible entries submitted during the Contest Period that comply with these Official Rules will be considered under the following criteria: (i) whether the composition is original; (ii) whether the entry contains recognizable samples from existing third party recordings; (iii) whether the lyrics are suitable, appropriate and relevant to the Hpnotiq brand; (iv) whether the production and quality of the recording itself is clear and audible; (v) whether the entry is a derivative of any other work; and (vi) the entries euphonic qualities. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by TE. All eligible entries will be reviewed by a committee of judges consisting of representatives of TE. Up to five (5) winners may be selected.
5. Winner Notification. The potential winner(s) will be notified by [Twitter or Instagram as applicable] via direct message on August 30, 2017. Each potential winner will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Talent Release by or before 11:59 PM on September 1, 2017 in order to claim his/her prize. Each potential winner will receive a hyperlink to the Talent Release form included in the notification of selection. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Talent Release within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize and it will be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, TE will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner in accordance with Section 4 of these Official Rules from among all remaining eligible entries. The winner(s) will be announced by TE on such social media platforms as TE deems appropriate in its sole discretion on September 7, 2017. Each winner is prohibited from making any public announcement of her/his selection as a winner on any social media platform prior to TE’s official announcement.
6. Prizes. Each winner will receive the following prizes:
a. A featured track on the Hpnotiq mixtape, which will be distributed via SoundCloud, YouTube, elevatormag.com, Hpnotiq social media channels, and physical mixtapes;
b. social media posts from the @Hpnotiq Twitter and Instagram accounts featuring his/her entry; and
c. social media handles from the @Hpnotiq Twitter and Instagram accounts. The total approximate value of the foregoing prizes is One Thousand U.S. Dollars ($1,000.00). Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. TE reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
7. Agreement. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of TE, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
8. Access Limitations; Contest Impairment. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to error, fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by TE in its sole discretion, TE may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize in accordance with these Official Rules from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. TE reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the @Hpnotiq Twitter or Instagram accounts or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of law, and, should such an attempt be made, TE reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by TE to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Heaven Hill, TE, the judges and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prizes, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) lost, late, incomplete, garbled, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries or Talent Release downloads; (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the incorrect submission of an entry, the processing of entry downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of a prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Twitter or Instagram users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. License to Entry. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants the Released Parties a worldwide, irrevocable, exclusive, assignable, transferable, unqualified, unrestricted, royalty-free license and right to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, distribute, display, copy and otherwise exploit the entry or any part thereof (with or without the entrant’s name and city/state), and any materials based thereon or derived from, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or later developed), for any lawful purposes whatsoever (noncommercial or commercial), including, without limitation, for use in commercial packaging and point-of-sale materials, or for promotion, marketing or advertising of the Hpnotiq brand, or the respective brands and/or products of the Released Parties in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further permission, notification, consideration, or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited by law. In addition, each entrant forever waives all rights of “droit moral” or “moral rights” or any similar rights or principles of law that may preclude the use of the entry (or any part thereof) as granted herein, or require entrant’s permission to use the entry (or any part thereof) for the purposes stated herein.
11. Indemnification. By entering this Contest, entrant represents and warrants that entrant’s entry does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If an entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, the entrant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of TE. If the content of an entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, entrant shall, at entrant’s sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which entrant may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of TE in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
13. Privacy. Information collected from entrants is subject to the privacy policies of TE, Twitter and Instagram.
14. No Endorsement. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. or Instagram.
15. Winner Request. To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Team Epiphany, LLC, 1235 Broadway, 4th Floor New York NY 10001. Winner requests will only be accepted after September 7, 2017.